Category: Executive & Professional
Location: Morgantown, WV
Job ID: 1011002
United Talent Staffing is seeking a Gas Controller to join the Hope Gas Team at their Morgantown, WV location.
This role is responsible for the management of the daily natural gas operations to meet the overall physical requirements of the pipeline system. This role utilizes the SCADA system to monitor and control gas facilities by operating remote control valves, regulators and compressors and ensure that pipeline pressures stay within Maximum Allowable Operating Pressures (MAOP).
- Direct field personnel during pipeline repairs and outages and for the operation of the transmission, production, storage and distribution facilities during normal, abnormal and emergency situations.
- Respond to SCADA alarms by adjusting pressures and flows as needed and notifying field personnel.
- Analyze gas control data and independently implements gas volumes and pressures to meet market requirements.
- Implement the daily operating plan to support the economic, efficient, and reliable operations of the gas system.
- Coordinates and directs the pipeline pigging operations for pipeline integrity and compliance.
- Develop a professional working relationship with field personnel, pipeline contacts, and other departments that interact with Gas Control.
- Coordinate nominations with suppliers and storage partners.
- Comply with all government regulations for Control Room and Alarm
- Management by maintaining records of gas control operations.
- Knowledge of company operations, pipeline network and facilities (compressor stations, storage pools, production systems, etc.).
- Working knowledge of natural gas safety and emergency plans/procedures.
Ability to learn and retain knowledge of natural gas safety and emergency plans/procedures.
- Working knowledge of Control Room Management (CRM) regulations and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, detect errors, and recommend changes.
- Good understanding of operation of computerized equipment and standard office equipment.
- Ability to remain focused and to respond competently under pressure to changing pipeline conditions
- Ability to be able to see objects at close range and be able to distinguish between colors.
- Ability to manage work and perform varied tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to detect anomalies and remain calm and focused in emergencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Position works twelve-hour rotating shifts that cover 24/7/365. Must be available for overtime, weekends and or holidays. Residency requirement within a 1.5 hour commuting distance from reporting location.
- Associate degree 0 to 4+ years of directly related experience
- Minimum of three years combined natural gas, analytical, utility, process operation/control (field, paper, water, chemical, etc.) or related experience preferred.
- High school diploma and 4+ years of directly related experience.
- Experience preferred in Field Operations, ability to analyze problems, collect data and draw conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and leadership skills, written and interpersonal communication, problem solving, time management and computer skills.
- Works independently, proactively, uses great judgement and discretion.
Manager of Gas Control
Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, 401K, LTD, Life, Vacation, Holidays, and a whole lot more!
About Hope Gas
Hope Gas is a natural gas distribution company proudly providing service to more than 111,000 residential, industrial, and commercial customers in the beautiful Mountain State of West Virginia. Hope Gas is headquartered in Morgantown, West Virginia and is a part of Hearthstone’s family of great businesses. Learn more at HopeGas.com