Location: Charleston, WV
Type: Contract to Perm
Job ID: 509444
United Talent Staffing is immediately hiring a Temp to Hire Paralegal for a local Charleston, WV law firm.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence, and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents, and other data.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
Pay and Shift:
Hours will be Monday– Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Pay will be based on experience.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies is preferred.
- Associate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Referral Bonuses
- Medical (after 60 days on assignment)
- Weekly pay via direct deposit or paycard
How to Apply: To schedule an immediate interview call 304-556-1190 or apply directly at utalent.com