Category: Executive & Professional
Location: Morgantown, WV
Job ID: 1055205
United Talent Staffing is seeking a Regulatory/Financial Analyst to join the Hope Gas team at their Morgantown, WV location.
This position requires strong financial analysis capabilities to support the regulatory initiatives of Hope Utilites.
- Maintain tariff and related information.
- Gather information and documentation for regulatory filings and compliance documents.
- Assist with implementation of approved rates and determination of appropriate booking.
- Prepare work papers, analyses, and discovery responses.
- Provide support for pricing and cost recovery mechanisms.
- Perform analysis and provide information to assist in the development of written and oral testimony.
- Monitor regulatory changes and provide information to ensure compliance with regulatory commission directives.
- Provide research and gather support that may be presented to regulators, counsel, and/or consultants.
- Function as a supporting resource for internal and external inquiries regarding rate and regulatory matters
- Assist in preparation and submission of regulatory filings.
- Develop revenue assumptions for financial forecasts.
- Analysis of regulatory earnings of current and future periods
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Core Responsibilities and Proficiencies
- Proficiently performs assignments having the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to conduct all aspects of the job.
- Exercises independent judgement and decision-making in planning, organizing, and conducting work assignments.
- May receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and knows when to get others involved.
- Effectively utilizes the proper resources to develop solutions and devise innovative approaches to problems encountered in work assignments.
- Identifies and eliminates unnecessary work on non-value-added activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences (Minimum Requirements)
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial concepts, GAAP practices, and analytical techniques
- Effective analytical, computer, problem assessment, and problem-solving skills
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to explain results of analysis and/or research.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to coordinate processes involving other departments and to evaluate and recommend courses of action in response to inquiries.
- Familiarity with natural gas market conditions and trends
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences (Strongly Preferred)
- 3+ years' experience in accounting, finance, economics, and/or tax strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years' experience in state and/or federal regulatory and rate setting process, or equivalent experience.
Education (Minimum Requirements)
- Required Degree (equivalency not accepted in lieu of required degree): accounting, finance, computer science, math, economics.
Benefits: Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, 401K, LTD, Life, Vacation, Holidays, and a whole lot more!
About Hope Gas: Hope Gas is a natural gas distribution company proudly providing service to more than 111,000 residential, industrial, and commercial customers in the beautiful Mountain State of West Virginia. Hope Gas is headquartered in Morgantown, West Virginia and is a part of Hearthstone’s family of great businesses.