Category: Executive & Professional
Location: Morgantown, WV
Job ID: 1055320
United Talent Staffing is seeking a Senior Fixed Assets Accountant to join the Hope Gas team at their Morgantown, WV location.
This position is responsible for providing leadership & technical expertise related to fixed assets within the accounting organization. Duties include closing activities, providing monthly analysis and reporting, as well as annual external and regulatory report preparation. This role ensures the integrity of fixed assets accounting information in accordance with company practices, GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the creation and assurance of high-quality fixed asset accounting, reporting, and control for the company according to GAAP reporting, company procedural standards and regulatory requirements.
- Perform monthly close functions and maintenance of the fixed assets subledger.
- Ensure appropriate accounting controls and documentation related to fixed assets.
- Routinely interact with internal and external customers, provide accounting guidance for internal business groups
- Assist preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory financial reporting for fixed assets
- Support regulatory filings and requests such as rate cases and depreciations studies.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by the Accounting and Finance leadership team.
- 4-7 years of general accounting experience or 3+ years of experience working in public accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP practices and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business required.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of personal initiative and self-motivation
- Utility accounting experience highly preferred
- SAP and BW experience preferred.
Reporting to: Supervisor – Fixed Assets
Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, 401K, LTD, Life, Vacation, Holidays, and a whole lot more!
About Hope Gas
Hope Gas is a natural gas distribution company proudly providing service to more than 123,000 residential, industrial, and commercial customers in the beautiful Mountain State of West Virginia. Hope Gas is headquartered in Morgantown, West Virginia and is a part of Hearthstone’s family of great businesses. Learn more at: HopeGas.com.