Category: Executive & Professional
Location: Morgantown, WV
Job ID: 1055236
United Talent Staffing is seeking a Senior Regulatory/Financial Analyst to join the Hope Gas team at their Morgantown, WV location.
This position requires advanced financial analysis capabilities to support the regulatory initiatives of Hope Utilities.
- Prepare revenue requirement and supporting calculations for infrastructure replacement program filings
- Revenue recovery tracking and deferral calculations in support of infrastructure replacement programs
- Utility rate base calculations and capital structure monitoring
- Provide research and gather support that may be presented to regulators, internal counsel, external counsel, or outside consultants
- Function as a lead resource for internal and external inquiries regarding rate and regulatory matters
- Gather information for regulatory filings and compliance documents
- Perform complicated analysis and provide information to assist in the development of discovery responses and testimony
- Monitor regulatory changes and provide information to ensure compliance with regulatory commission directives
- Analysis of regulatory earnings of current and future periods
Core Responsibilities and Proficiencies
- Proficiently performs assignments having the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to conduct all aspects of the job
- Exercises independent judgement and decision-making in planning, organizing, and conducting work assignments
- May receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and knows when to get others involved
- Effectively utilizes the proper resources to develop solutions and devise innovative approaches to problems encountered in work assignments
- Identifies and eliminates unnecessary work on non-value-added activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences (Minimum Requirements)
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts, GAAP practices, and analytical techniques
- Advanced analytical, computer, problem assessment, and problem-solving skills
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to explain results of analysis and/or research
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to coordinate processes involving other departments and to evaluate and recommend courses of action in response to inquiries
- Familiarity with regulated utilities, natural gas market conditions and trends.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences (Strongly Preferred)
- 5 years' experience in accounting, finance, economics, and/or tax strongly preferred.
- 5 years' experience in state and/or federal regulatory and rate setting process, or equivalent experience.
Education (Minimum Requirements)
- Required Degree (equivalency not accepted in lieu of required degree): accounting, finance, computer science, math, economics.
- Office Work Environment 75%; Travel Up to 25%
Benefits: Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, 401K, LTD, Life, Vacation, Holidays, and a whole lot more!
About Hope Gas: Hope Gas is a natural gas distribution company proudly providing service to more than 111,000 residential, industrial, and commercial customers in the beautiful Mountain State of West Virginia. Hope Gas is headquartered in Morgantown, West Virginia and is a part of Hearthstone’s family of great businesses.