Professional openings on your company’s management team can be expensive and stressful, and filling those slots can be extremely time-consuming. You probably have a succession plan for C-Suite roles, but how about handling leadership openings at the next level down?
When key roles are vacant, productivity and profitability can suffer. Teamwork and morale can falter. Internal HR and recruiting teams that are already busy can find it difficult to devote the time it takes for executive searches.
Your company can overcome these challenges by working with an executive placement firm, outsourcing many of the recruiting and hiring steps to a trusted third party that specializes in finding and vetting individuals for executive, leadership and management roles.
Here are six benefits of working with an executive placement firm.
- Access Top Candidates. An executive placement firm is always recruiting, 24/7/365. They maintain a pipeline of active and passive job seekers. Each recruiter has a network of influencers, which extends their ability to find candidates you may miss. Access to the firm’s network of top candidates is especially critical in tight labor markets.
- Reduce Time-to Fill: Executive placement firms are efficient. In addition to leveraging their network, expect them to handle the time-consuming details of advertising; reviewing resumes; conducting interviews, reference checks, and screenings; and validating education and skills. Their up-front work will generate a short-list of viable candidates for your review, accelerating the process, saving you time, and reducing the time-to-fill.
- Stay Profitable. Open positions hurt your company’s productivity and profitability every day the job goes unfilled. Outsourcing your executive placement not only allows your team to stay focused on growing the business but can get your headcount back to 100% quickly so that you can hit your budget and revenue goals. Meanwhile, the placement firm does all the legwork for a single, comprehensive fee.
- Reduce Hiring Risk. Companies take on risk with every employee they hire. Bringing on the wrong person or overlooking local, state or federal compliance requirements can be disastrous to morale and to your bottom line. When you work with an executive placement firm, your hiring risk is greatly reduced. Searches are typically governed by a contract that outlines compliance procedures and includes a negotiated guarantee: if the individual doesn’t work out, the search will be repeated, or the search fee will be refunded.
- Leverage Expertise. Not only are executive placement firms the experts in the sourcing-recruiting-hiring realm, but their service can extend beyond filling your current opening. You can rely on these firms to provide comprehensive HR support including determining market-rate salaries, writing job descriptions, and designing competitive compensation packages.
- Ensure the Right Fit. The right person for your team must fit the job requirements and also fit your company’s culture. When you partner with an executive placement firm, they’ll get to know you well enough to identify candidates who are right fit. They will also build enthusiasm for your brand and encourage commitment to your organization so that your new leaders are more likely to stay and grow along with you.
Take the Next Step
United Talent Staffing’s Executive Placement service is a great place to start next time you have a leadership opening at your company. We can help whether you are new to United Talent or if you already rely on us for your temporary and temp-to-per roles. Contact our executive placement recruiter Katie Clark at email@example.com or call her at 681-340-1759. She’ll answer your questions, explore possibilities, and start working to find the newest member of your professional team.