Category: Admin & Clerical
Location: Huntington, WV
Job ID: 865438
United Talent Staffing is currently hiring a Medical Assistant in Huntington, WV!
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood
- pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in the patient's chart.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filled out and available in patients’ medical
- records prior to their appointment
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding
- medical records; keeping patient information confidential.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations; Assist physician and physician assistant in
- exam rooms
- Disinfects, cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations; Maintains safe, secure, and
- healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying
- with legal regulations.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications,
- expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy
- Draws blood, removes sutures, changes dressings.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and test results in patient medical files.
- Performs routine screening tests, such as height and weight measurements and blood
- pressure checks.
Pay & Shift:
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00 pm with an hour lunch break
Pay based upon experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent substitute.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum
- Minimum Certifications and/or Licenses: CPR and first aid certification required; certification
- as a medical assistant (CMA) preferred.
- Minimum Skills: Experience with EMR, MS Word, Excel, MS outlook
Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited Referral Bonus (When someone you refer works 40 hours you get $40, When they work 100 hours you get $100)
- Medical (after 60 days on active assignment)
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit or Pay-card
How to Apply: To schedule an immediate interview call or text 304.202.4800 or you apply online at utalent.com